Center for Integrative Endocrine Surgery
- About Endocrine Surgery
- Diagnosis & Treatment
- Meet the Physicians
- Disease Specific Programs
- Questions for Your Primary Doctor
- Medical Library
Memorial Center for Integrative Endocrine Surgery
Memorial Center for Integrative Endocrine Surgery offers technologically advanced, personalized care for:
- Thyroid nodules
- Thyroid cancer
- Primary hyperparathyroidism (overactive parathyroid glands)
- Adrenal tumors (both hormone- and nonhormone-secreting)
In their medical and surgical partnership, endocrinologists R. Mack Harrell, MD and Allan Golding, MD, along with endocrine surgeon David Bimston, MD, have pioneered a multidisciplinary surgical treatment program that combines intensive preoperative imaging and meticulous surgical planning with minimally invasive techniques.
Together, our highly experienced endocrine team has managed thousands of thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgeries, drawing from more than 40 years of collective endocrinology and endocrine surgery experience.
Three key factors can help determine the outcomes of endocrine surgery:
- The quality of the preoperative evaluation by the endocrinologist and his/her personal skill in performing high-resolution office ultrasonography for detection of tiny thyroid and parathyroid tumors
- The endocrine surgeon's skill and experience with minimally invasive procedures
- The advanced technologies available in the operating room to enhance the chances for a successful surgery
Why Use Memorial Center for Integrative Endocrine Surgery for Your Endocrine Care?
- Endocrinologists R. Mack Harrell, MD, Allan Golding, MD and endocrine surgeon David Bimston, MD, have pioneered a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to the evaluation and minimally invasive surgical treatment of thyroid nodules, thyroid cancer, primary hyperparathyroidism and adrenal nodules.
- Our surgical treatment program combines intensive preoperative imaging and meticulous surgical planning with minimally invasive techniques.
- Our highly experienced team has managed thousands of thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgeries, drawing from more than 40 years of collective endocrinology and endocrine surgery experience.
- The center's boutique care model creates an environment where all preparation for surgery takes place in a single office setting, with an emphasis on individualized care delivered with a personal touch.
- Dr. Harrell and Dr. Golding personally perform diagnostic high-resolution ultrasound imaging and thyroid, parathyroid and neck lymph node biopsies in highly sophisticated ultrasound suites. They have each performed thousands of these diagnostic procedures.
- Dr. Harrell and Dr. Golding specialize in the latest diagnostic tools and treatments for thyroid cancer and nodules, including fine needle aspiration, an advanced biopsy procedure.
- Dr. R. Mack Harrell and Dr. Golding are board-certified endocrinologists, and are among fewer than 200 physicians worldwide to have completed the Endocrine Neck Ultrasound (ECNU) program, administered by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology.
- Dr. Harrell and Dr. Golding perform all endocrine ultrasounds themselves in the leading-edge office ultrasound suites.
- Dr. Harrell and Dr. Golding personally perform all thyroid, parathyroid and neck lymph node biopsies in the center's office ultrasound suites. They also perform thyroid cyst ablations with ethanol under ultrasound guidance.
- Our center has received accreditation by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM). AIUM develops national standards for ultrasound staff qualifications and performance, facilities and equipment, procedural protocols, record-keeping and quality assurance methods, and policies for patient safety. Accreditation is granted only after a facility undergoes a rigorous peer review process and must be repeated every three years.
Integrative Endocrine Surgery
Integrative care means endocrinologists who specialize in diagnostic ultrasounds and endocrine surgeons work together in the same location to deliver a one-stop patient experience.
For patients with thyroid problems, the technology and the expertise they need are at the Memorial Center for Integrative Endocrine Surgery.